VANCOUVER, British Columbia–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PHEMI, the company delivering privacy, security, and governance for big data, today announced its participation in two industry-hosted, complimentary Webinars during the week of Oct. 19, 2015.
The first Webinar, entitled Protect Your Data and Share It Too, is hosted by HIMSS Industry Solutions and features Dr. Paul Terry, president and CEO, PHEMI and Dr. Ann Cavoukian, executive director, Privacy and Big Data Institute of Ryerson University. The live event takes place Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
The Webinar Protect Your Data and Share It Too utilizes a healthcare model to demonstrate how:
- Organizations can enhance data sharing, while protecting privacy, and confidentiality
- A Privacy by Design framework automatically accelerate big data returns
- A Zero Trust approach to data management can simplify systems infrastructure, while reducing costs
The second Webinar, entitled Harnessing Metadata for Data Governance in Hadoop, is hosted by O’Reilly and presented by Salimah Addetia, a subject matter expert in PHEMI’s Chief Technology Office. The live event takes place October 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
The Webinar Harnessing Metadata for Data Governance in Hadoop explores options for data governance in Hadoop and the advantages of protecting data using Accumulo. Drawing upon a PHEMI Central case study, participants will gain insight on data governance and access control in a large enterprise dealing with sensitive data. Topics include:
- Identifying the key components of data governance and exploring paths towards implementation
- Why metadata is essential for data governance
- How to tackle real world scenarios using a metadata approach
- Webinar: Protect Your Data and Share It Too
- When: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
- Speakers: Dr. Paul Terry, president and CEO, PHEMI and Dr. Ann Cavoukian, executive director, Privacy and Big Data Institute of Ryerson University
- Webinar: Harnessing Metadata for Data Governance in Hadoop
- When: Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
- Presenter: Salimah Addetia, PHEMI’s Chief Technology Office.
PHEMI delivers privacy, security, governance and enterprise-grade management for big data. Its flagship product, PHEMI Central, applies the Zero Trust Data approach, which embeds and enforces consent, data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data level, removing a critical roadblock standing in the way of enterprises that aim to become data-driven.
PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume to drive insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. An Organizational Ambassador for Privacy by Design (PbD), PHEMI brings both privacy and performance to big data, along with the data management and control to ensure innovation, and privacy, security and governance. For more information visit https://www.phemi.com/ and follow us on Twitter.
Melissa Power, +1 401-454-1314