As a Senior Software Developer, you play an integral role in creating extraordinary solutions, embracing new challenges. Working within an agile team, you work collaboratively to deliver user stories in a timely manner with high-quality to a cloud-native service.


  • Lead the design and implementation of software components
  • Drive continuous improvement of development and test processes
  • Collaborate with cross-functional team members to continuously improve our products and development processes
  • Own your code quality with unit tests and defect resolution
  • Fix identified defects
  • Mentor team members to grow team capability and expertise
  • Enhance the product with innovative solutions

Required Skills & Abilities

  • Sound knowledge of developing distributed client/server applications
  • Thorough understanding of Java
  • Practical knowledge of Linux operating system
  • Experience using Open Source Software
  • Software architecture, design, implementation, and integration with modern tools and methodologies
  • Experience with different data storage technologies both relational and NoSQL
  • Experience with AWS cloud-based applications
  • Understanding of CI/CD, ideally including Terraform, Docker, Atlassian Pipelines

Professional Qualifications & Experience

  • 7+ years experience designing and implementing complex applications
  • 3+ years working with large scale distributed systems
  • BSc. Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related experience
  • Experience with big data technologies, Accumulo/Hadoop/Big Data Platform a plus
  • Knowledge of Docker, Microservice architecture Open Policy Agent would be an asset

Why you should join

We know you’re super-smart and driven, but PHEMI is one of those rare Vancouver-based companies where you can work on really cool technology, collaborate with other crazy-smart people, and also make a real difference in the world.

Cool Technology

At PHEMI, you’ll get to work with various big data technologies like Accumulo/Hadoop and NiFi; Cloud technologies like Fargate, AWS Glue, Cognito; and push the envelope in advancing the state of the art in sharing data with industry-leading privacy, security and governance.

Making a Difference

Our customers traditionally use around 10% of available data in day-to-day decision-making. And with your help, we’re harnessing the other 90% to make better decisions faster. We are thrilled at the prospect of helping our customers save lives by enabling their medical research, finding better treatment protocols, and improving the delivery of health care. We don’t stop there, of course. Our customers use PHEMI systems for their insurance and financial service businesses to improve call center efficiency, understand their customer journey, develop new products, improve customer satisfaction, and so much more.


PHEMI DataLab is at the Nexus of all key trends in Big Data. Bringing together disparate datasets into a highly secure, privacy-by-design, governed is critical unlocking your most valuable data. Whether it be a Researcher, Business Intelligence Analyst, or working within Ontologies PHEMI DataLab brings the tools together to harness your data. PHEMI helps organizations become more data-driven by sharing sensitive data responsibly. Whether you’re drowning in data or thirsty for insights, PHEMI helps you build a library of analytics-ready data to harness your assets and make better decisions faster. We help organizations derive actionable insights from omnichannel customer journey analysis, customer 360 targeting and segmentation, call center optimization, and organizing private data such as complex clinical records, medical text, medical images, and genomics.

Our flagship product, PHEMI Health DataLab™, is a new class of data management software that brings enterprise-grade privacy, security, and governance to big data. Named Gartner Cool Vendor and Deloitte Technology Fast 50, PHEMI is the first vendor to bring real-time policy-based privacy enforcement and data governance to big data.

For more information, visit and follow us on Twitter @PHEMISystems, Linkedin, Youtube, and Facebook

document id: f3b7ed2a70134ba •20211220


This is a full-time position

How to apply

Send your CV to