As a Professional Services Engineer, you are an integral part of our engineering team. Your passion for providing exceptional customer service contributes to our world-class level of customer satisfaction. Working with PHEMI customers worldwide you communicate in an open, helpful and engaging tone with a focus on finding the right solution for them.
As part of the R&D team, you play an integral role in deploying extraordinary customer solutions by working collaboratively across functional teams to deliver customer solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner with high quality.
- Install and configure PHEMI product software at customer sites or within cloud environments
- Implement and maintain customer customizations to support their solution
- Provide technical support and training
- Advocate for the customer, proactively communicating requirements, issues and resolutions with both the customer and PHEMI teams
- Document customer deployments, maintaining a trouble-shooting and best-practice knowledge base
- Provide regular reports to customers and PHEMI teams on system status
- Coordinate response for customer privacy and security requirements (e.g., PIA, STRA)
- Work flexible work week including weekend coverage
- Work within an agile development environment, collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Linux system installation and administration (Ubuntu preferred), virtual machines, and configuration
- Proficiency in security configuration for distributed system deployments
- Proficiency in distributed systems troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Java, Python programming, and Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of SQL & No-SQL databases
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with cloud service deployments (e.g., AWS, Azure, OPI, Google Cloud)
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- BSc. Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a professional service engineering or software development role demonstrating the required skills an abilities in Linux, Java, Python, and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience working with Accumulo and Hadoop is preferred
- Experience with large scale distributed systems is preferred (e.g., HPC and big data technologies)
- Experience with Security and Privacy compliance laws is favorable (i.e. GDPR)
Why you should join
We are on a roll! In November 2015 we were recognized with a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ award: Companies to Watch; we closed a large financing round in 2015; we were selected as LifeScience BC’s 2014 Emerging Company of the Year, the BC Technology Industry Association’s Start-up of the Year, and were announced as one of the Ready to Rocket companies for 2014 and 2015.
If you like the energy of a fast-growing company and want to work in a technology company that changes how healthcare, and other industries, discover and drive value from their data, we want to hear from you.
Our leadership team has taken numerous early-stage companies to commercial success and our technology team is second to none. With decades of experience delivering amazing products across a wide variety of industries, we are applying our business experience and technical depth to some of the critical challenges facing enterprises today.
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.