Senior Sales Engineer
PHEMI is at the nexus of all key trends in Big Data. Governance is critical to attracting the most valuable data and privacy and security are now a must-have for enterprise GDPR. PHEMI helps organizations become more data-driven by sharing sensitive data responsibly. Whether you’re drowning in data or thirsty for insights, PHEMI helps you build a library of analytics-ready data to harness your assets and make better decisions faster. We help organizations derive actionable insights from omnichannel customer journey analysis, customer 360 targeting and segmentation, call centre optimization, and organizing private data such as complex clinical records, medical text and genomics.
Our flagship product, PHEMI Central, is a new class of data management software that brings enterprise-grade privacy, security and governance to big data. Named Gartner Cool Vendor and Deloitte Technology Fast 50, PHEMI is the first vendor to bring real-time policy-based privacy enforcement and data governance to big data. For more information, visit us at www.phemi.com.
As an integral member of our growing sales team in Vancouver, our Senior Sales Engineer will drive and actively support the technical evaluation stage of the sales process for PHEMI opportunities. This unique opportunity will allow you to combine your strong technical knowledge of relational databases with your proven customer facing sales skills to provide advice and support on the PHEMI suite of products.
Are you motivated by understanding and solving customer problems, action-oriented, goal-driven, a fast learner and naturally curious? Eager to dive into the exciting world of Big Data? This is the ideal role for you.
- Work closely with our sales team on assigned end-user and partner opportunities, prioritizing work based on maximizing sales target achievements and corporate goals
- Scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, recommend solutions that optimize value for both our customers and PHEMI
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations of PHEMI Central for sales and business development meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Communicate PHEMI’s technical competitive advantages to win new customers
- Maintain relationships with technical influencers in the sales process
- Represent and demonstrate PHEMI Central to customers and prospects at industry conferences
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, support, and marketing, providing feedback from the field to internal stakeholders to align solution to market requirements
- Working with Sales teams on Account plans, opportunity planning and competitive strategies
- Assist with coaching sales and marketing to enhance technical product knowledge
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years experience and successful track record as a Sales/Solution Engineer selling complex technology solutions
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Technical skills:
- strong SQL, ETL, database governance and Python skills are highly desired
- Experience with Linux system administration, modern web stack and database management would be an asset
- Solid programming skills (Java, Perl, R, ETL, other); governance tools
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g) Hadoop, Accumulo, MapReduce), data warehouse architectures, visualization, storage systems and web services is an asset
- Knowledge in sizing and architecting Hadoop clusters and Big Data ecosystems
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a self-directed but also collaborative environment
- Able to travel (mostly North America) as required for sales meetings, events
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience developing business processes and infrastructure to scale with a fast growing company
- Domain expertise in healthcare and life sciences in Canada and the United States
Why you should join
We know you’re super-smart and driven, but PHEMI is one of those rare Vancouver-based companies where you can work on really cool technology, collaborate with other crazy-smart people, and also make a real difference in the world.
Cool Technology: At PHEMI, you’ll get to work with various big data technologies like Accumulo/Hadoop and NiFi; data science tools like Spark, Apache Zeppelin and H2O; and push the envelope in advancing the state of the art in sharing data with industry-leading privacy, security and governance.
Crazy-Smart People: Our growing team of crazy-smart developers has many years of big data and complex systems engineering expertise. They’re supported by a PHEMI leadership team that includes some of the most innovative and experienced entrepreneurs in BC who have successfully founded and grown several startups that have generated over $1 billion in shareholder value. The team is rounded out with strong sales & marketing leadership and battle-hardened storage, data warehouse, data science and medical domain expertise. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a team like this in BC, for sure, but we also like to get together for a beer, gourmet potluck meals, a round of dodgeball or a pumpkin carving competition.
Making a difference: Our customers traditionally use around 10% of available data in day-to-day decision-making. And with your help, we’re harnessing the other 90% to make better decisions faster. We are thrilled at the prospect of helping our customers save lives by enabling their medical research, finding better treatment protocols, and improving the delivery of healthcare. We don’t stop there, of course. Our customers use PHEMI systems for their insurance and financial service businesses to improve call center efficiency, understand their customer journey, develop new products, improve customer satisfaction, and so much more.