Sales Development Representative (Inside Sales)
PHEMI is at the nexus of all key trends in Big Data. Governance is critical to attracting the most valuable data and privacy and security are now a must-have for enterprise GDPR. PHEMI helps organizations become more data-driven by sharing sensitive data responsibly. Whether you’re drowning in data or thirsty for insights, PHEMI helps you build a library of analytics-ready data to harness your assets and make better decisions faster. We help organizations derive actionable insights from omnichannel customer journey analysis, customer 360 targeting and segmentation, call centre optimization, and organizing private data such as complex clinical records, medical text and genomics.
Our flagship product, PHEMI Central, is a new class of data management software that brings enterprise-grade privacy, security and governance to big data. Named Gartner Cool Vendor and Deloitte Technology Fast 50, PHEMI is the first vendor to bring real-time policy-based privacy enforcement and data governance to big data. For more information, visit us at www.phemi.com.
As our Sales Development Representative, you will become an integral member of our sales and marketing team. Your key responsibility will be managing all inbound sales-lead activities. You will identify potential opportunities, qualify new and existing interest and develop new opportunities through your own outbound prospects.
As a highly motivated, self-starter you are able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. You will gain experience working with clients at all levels, in industries ranging from healthcare, to insurance, finance and the public sector. PHEMI offers a dynamic, fast-paced and flexible environment where you’ll work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Partner leaders to design and deliver sales development programs.
- Manage our inbound sales lead queue
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding PHEMI products
- Build your own pipeline by developing new business opportunities: via telephone/cold calling, email, and social media to introduce PHEMI and identify appropriate buyers within the target market.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with PHEMI Sales and Marketing to develop and execute lead generation campaigns and grow the sales pipeline.
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in CRM system, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of PHEMI solution and services.
- Stay current on industry trends as well as the competitive landscape.
- Prepare activity reports as requested.
- Achieve KPIs for new business, add-on business and pipeline development
- Work with sales, support and professional services team to ensure excellent customer experiences on an ongoing basis.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business, Marketing, Sales or a similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – polished and confident phone manner
- 1-3 years of experience in lead/demand generation or a related role.
- Proven success in prospecting, nurturing, and pipeline building
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Sugar CRM)
- Understanding of big data, data warehousing, storage systems
- Experience with selling enterprise software or database solutions over the phone and via email.
- Experience working in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Experience developing business processes and infrastructure to scale with a fast-paced growing company
- Domain expertise in healthcare, life sciences or financial services in Canada and the United States
Why you should join
We know you’re super-smart and driven, but PHEMI is one of those rare Vancouver-based companies where you can work on really cool technology, collaborate with other crazy-smart people, and also make a real difference in the world.
Cool Technology: At PHEMI, you’ll get to work with various big data technologies like Accumulo/Hadoop and NiFi; data science tools like Spark, Apache Zeppelin and H2O; and push the envelope in advancing the state of the art in sharing data with industry-leading privacy, security and governance.
Crazy-Smart People: Our growing team of crazy-smart developers has many years of big data and complex systems engineering expertise. They’re supported by a PHEMI leadership team that includes some of the most innovative and experienced entrepreneurs in BC who have successfully founded and grown several startups that have generated over $1 billion in shareholder value. The team is rounded out with strong sales & marketing leadership and battle-hardened storage, data warehouse, data science and medical domain expertise. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a team like this in BC, for sure, but we also like to get together for a beer, gourmet potluck meals, a round of dodgeball or a pumpkin carving competition.
Making a difference: Our customers traditionally use around 10% of available data in day-to-day decision-making. And with your help, we’re harnessing the other 90% to make better decisions faster. We are thrilled at the prospect of helping our customers save lives by enabling their medical research, finding better treatment protocols, and improving the delivery of healthcare. We don’t stop there, of course. Our customers use PHEMI systems for their insurance and financial service businesses to improve call center efficiency, understand their customer journey, develop new products, improve customer satisfaction, and so much more.